Our team at The Settlement Alliance-WEST has worked on thousands of cases over the years and we’ve yet to have been referred one in which we couldn’t help. Whatever your current financial situation, you can benefit from a settlement designed just for you. Learn more about the assistance we provide:
- Personal Service: Because each case is unique, we create a customized structured settlement and draft all settlement documents required to provide payment for your individual needs following an injury, lawsuit, or traumatic event.
- Education: We know the process of setting up a settlement can be overwhelming, which is why we help you navigate your various available financial options. We are also experienced in the human side of financial transitions planning, from life care planning to philanthropy.
- Financial Analysis: Taking into consideration the governmental requirements of any benefits received from Medicare, Medicaid, or other programs, we provide a detailed analysis of your financial needs, including damages and wage losses.
- Tax Relief: Income from physical personal injury settlements is tax-free, while income from lawsuits not involving personal injury is tax-deferred. Depending on how the settlement is handled, you could lose the ability to take certain tax deductions or end up in a higher tax bracket. We can help you find the best solution for your settlement.
- Preserving Your Benefits: With a properly structured settlement, you can maintain eligibility for government-assisted benefits such as Medicare and Medicaid. Our staff will also help you create a spending plan and a budget to manage your settlement proceeds.
We are experienced at handling settlements from many different types of cases, including:
Physical Personal Injury (Tax-Free Settlements):
- Medical Malpractice
- Birth Injuries
- Slip & Fall
- Workers’ Compensation
- Defect in Product Causing Injury
- Bad Faith resulting in Physical Injury
- Dog Bites
- Wrongful Death
- Auto Collisions/Auto vs. Pedestrian
Non-Physical Injury (Tax-Deferred Settlements):
- Attorney Fees
- Divorce Settlements, QDRO & Child Support
- Sexual Harassment
- Punitive Damage Awards
- Employment Issues
- Wrongful Termination
- Legal Malpractice
- Property Disputes
- Disability Policy Buyouts
- Psychological Damage Claims
- Construction Defects
- False Arrest/Imprisonment
- Environmental Litigation
- Fraud Claims
- Lottery/Contest Winners
- Breach of Contract
- Class Action
- Structured Installment Sales (Business and Real Estate)